Poet of the Month, July 2015, at Poetrynet–site includes a statement of poetics, and four poems from Museum of Everyday Life.
Museum of Everyday Life, poems, Aldrich Press: Kelsay Books, Hemet, CA, February, 2015.
“Phenomenology” poem. Heartland Review. Forthcoming. Finalist for the Joy Bale Boone Poetry Prize.
“Dropping a Tree” poem. Heartland Review. Forthcoming. Finalist for the Joy Bale Boone Poetry Prize.
“Ideo Locator” poem. Florida English.
“Where to Begin?” poem. RAINN 11.9 anthology.
“The Kingfishers” poem. Green Mountains Review. May 22, 2017.
“Safeguard,” poem. Smartish Pace. Issue 24. May 2017. Finalist for the Beulah Rose Poetry Prize
“Breaking House–a Golden Shovel,” poem. The Golden Shovel Anthology: New Poems Honoring Gwendolyn Brooks, Kahn, Shankar, & Smith eds, 2017.
“Dividing Line,” poem. Painted Bride Quarterly.
“Nightwatch Alyssum,” poem. The Potomac Review.
“Loosely Translated in His World Words,” www.poetnet.org, http://www.poetrynet.org/month/archive2/randall/index.htm, July 2015.
“Scuppernong,” poem. Joys of the Table, an anthology, 2015.
“Archeology of a Virus,” poem. Ebola: Real not Other, West Chester University, October, 2014.
“Why this Wife is Staying Around.” Article about Paula McClain’s novel, The Paris Wife. Tygerburning Blog. March, 2013.
“A Translation,” cinepoem, NEC MFA blog and http://vimeo.com/28612309.
“Florida Spring Renga” collaborative poem, Mad About Words, April 2008.
“What I Confess to You,” poem. Revelry, 2007.
“Chinese Dreams,” flash fiction, The Newport Review, No. 23, Nov/Dec 2005. First Prize winner.
“Cap Haitian, Haiti” poem. 2012, Judge: Naomi Shihab Nye. Finalist, Split This Rock Poetry of Provocation and Witness Contest
Artist Reading, Inside/Out, Atlantic Center for the Arts, “Museum of Everyday Life,” “That Summer of Hurricanes,” “Religion Case Study,” and “Phenomenology.”
@ Culture Pop! Featured reader with Cate McGowan, Art & History Museums, Maitland, FL. May 29, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
“Things Once Full,” poem, Student Showcase with Jack McCarthy, Henniker, NH, June, 2011.
“What to Do While Waiting,” poem (performed with Sandra Chavez Johnson and Rachel Fogerty-Oleson), and “Inside the Bottle,” poem (with Anne Waldman), Student Showcase with Anne Waldman, Henniker, NH, January 2012.
Orlando Museum of Art, invited reader, UCF Alumni Showcase, Orlando, FL, 2009.
Performing Arts of Maitland Reading Series, invited reader, Maitland, FL, 2010.
Gwendolyn Brooks Poetry Series for Revelry at Seminole State College, Sanford, FL, 2007.
Contributor of student examples to the teaching guidebook companion to Technical Writing Style by Dan Jones, Allyn & Bacon, 1997.
Teaching Videos: “Beginning Interdisciplinary Studies” was created as part of an information fluency grant for the Interdisciplinary Studies Department at the University of Central Florida. This video is designed and intended to be used in all Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies classes at UCF. Video may be viewed at http://engage.ucf.edu/v/p/YT7UScu. The follow up, “Interdisciplinary Studies Success Guide–What is IDS?” used some unused video footage shot for the first video and works in tandem. https://vimeo.com/cdlvideo/review/192494787/abf9e84ff1
- “Critical Reading: Pedagogy for All Students.” Presentation with Megan O’Neill and Leigh Ann Dunning. Colloquium on Teaching and Learning Innovation, Stetson University, DeLand, FL. Apr 6, 2018.
- “Reflecting on Teaching: the first step to building a course portfolio.” Interactive workshop with Julia Metzger and Joyce Mundy. Stetson University, DeLand, FL. Dec 14, 2017.
- “The Courage to Teach: Using a Faculty Learning Community to Reframe the Role of the Professor.” Interactive Workshop with Azab, Core, Creech, Edwards, Eskenazi, Jackson, Kiang, McCrae, Ramsey, Shankar-Brown, & Xanthopoulos. Colloquium on Teaching & Learning Innovation, DeLand, FL Apr 7, 2017.
- “Rapid Expansion: Ekphrasis as more than ‘Writing About Art.’” Panel Presentation with Tanya Grae and Didi Jackson. Gulf Coast Association of Creative Writing Teachers Annual Conference, Fairhope, AL, Mar 10-11 2017.
- “What Will Become of Us? An Exploration of Post-apocalyptic Fiction” Presentation. Florida Writers Association Annual Conference, Altamonte, FL, Oct, 2016.
- “The Personal Essay: What is it, and How Honest do I Have to be?” Presentation. Florida Writers Association Annual Conference, Altamonte, Fl, Oct, 2016.
- “What Will Become of Us? An Exploration of Post-apocalyptic Fiction” Presentation. Florida Writers Association Mini Conference, Tampa, FL, May, 2016.
- “Buffy Belongs in College: What Popular Culture Adds to the University Classroom,” Poster Presentation with Laura Crysel. 2016 Colloquium on Teaching & Learning Innovation, Stetson University. Apr 1, 2016.
- “Talkin’ ‘Bout My Generation: Generating New Work through Unexpected Prompts,” Panel Presentation. Other Words Conference, Florida Literary Arts Coalition, Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida. Nov 5-7, 2015.
- “The Life and Legacy of James Weldon Johnson,” Panel presentation with Tanya Grae, Rachel Fogarty-Oleson, and Didi Jackson. Other Words Conference, Florida Literary Arts Coalition, Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida. Nov 6-8, 2014.
- “The Travel Poem: the Journey Out, the Journey Home, and the Journey-less poem.” Panel presentation with Sandra Chavez Johnson and Rachel Fogarty-Oleson. Other Words Conference, Florida Literary Arts Coalition, Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida. Nov 8-11, 2012.
- Museum of Everyday Life, Book Launch Party & Reading, Gallery on First, Sanford, FL. June 4, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
- Locally Grown Words, book signing of Museum of Everyday Life at the fabulous bookstore, Bookmark It. East End Market, 3201 Corrine Drive, Orlando, FL. Book Fair will feature local presses and many local authors. May 3, 2015, 12:00 to 4:00.
- Inaugural reading and signing of Museum of Everyday Life at the Public History Center, 301 W. 7th Street, Sanford, FL. Part of the Public History Center’s Mayfest Celebration. I will be reading from Museum of Everyday Life. Didi Jackson and Tanya Grae will read their poetry. May 2, 2015, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Book signing @ AWP Conference & Book Fair in Minneapolis, MN. April 9, 2015, 2:30